Gun control has emerged as a key issue in next month's off-year elections in Virginia, a state that is seen as a bellwether of what could come in national elections in 2020. Republicans currently hold a razor-thin majority in both houses of the state legislature, and with all 140 seats on the ballot this year, Democrats hope to turn those chambers blue. One race where the discussion of guns is especially fraught is in Virginia Beach, the 8th State Senate district . Virginia Beach was the...
The Latest from NPR
News from Virginia Public Radio
- Va. News: Dolphins Swimming in the Potomac, Efforts in Amherst to remove Elected Official
- One Group Wants Virginia Candidates to Disclose Where Their Contributions Come From
- Pretty Poison; VT Study First to Confirm Invasive Plants Threaten Native Wildlife
- Cline, Riggleman Bemoan Hyper-Partisanship During Joint Town Hall Meeting
- State Education Officials to Consider Making School Funding More Equitable