When it comes to apple production, Virginia ranks sixth in the nation – well behind the leader: Washington State. But it’s worth noting that farmers here offer a huge variety and Virginia's cider industry is growing. Virginia Public Radio's Sandy Hausman stopped at the state’s oldest cidery to learn more about the fruit and its delectable juice.
The Latest from NPR
News from Virginia Public Radio
- State Officials Are Touring Virginia in Hopes of Cutting Down on Maternal Mortality Rates
- Virginia Is for Apple Lovers
- Va. News: Dolphins Swimming in the Potomac, Efforts in Amherst to remove Elected Official
- One Group Wants Virginia Candidates to Disclose Where Their Contributions Come From
- Pretty Poison; VT Study First to Confirm Invasive Plants Threaten Native Wildlife