Updated at 3:45 p.m. ET A State Department staffer overheard President Trump asking a top diplomat about "investigations" that he wanted Ukraine to pursue that he believed might help him in the 2020 election, another senior diplomat told Congress on Wednesday. The detail about the overheard phone conversation was one of a small number of new details to emerge from Democrats' first open hearing in their impeachment inquiry into President Trump. Mostly, the five hour hearing emphasized aspects...
The Latest from NPR
News from Virginia Public Radio
- Virginia Students in Subsidized Housing Often Have to Attend Low-Performing Schools
- Immigrants Look Poised to Play an Increasingly Important Role in Virginia’s Economy
- Statehouse Elections: Uncontested Races had Lowest Turnout
- Va. News: Food Deserts in poor neighborhoods, an order for Free Dirt prompts a Lawsuit
- Virginia Democrats’ Speaker Pick Would be First Woman in Job