Updated at 5:20 a.m. ET on Tuesday People in North Carolina and South Carolina are coping with flooding, closed roads and power outages as what the National Hurricane Center now calls Post-Tropical Cyclone Florence moves toward the northeast. "Florence becoming an increasingly elongated low pressure area as it continues to produce heavy rain and over parts of the mid-Atlantic region," according to the hurricane forecasters. Its 11 p.m. update said, "Florence is expected to produce heavy to...
The Latest from NPR
- Hearing With Kavanaugh And Accuser Alleging Sexual Assault In Turmoil
- How To Help Those Affected By Hurricane Florence
- Facebook Allowed Employers To Exclude Women From Job Ads, ACLU Says
- Supreme Court Orders Disclosure for Dark Money, As New Report Unveils Some Donors
- Woman Rides Bicycle To 183.9 MPH — A New World Record