Updated at 4:50 p.m. ET Saturday President Trump has ordered the FBI to conduct a limited "supplemental investigation" into his Supreme Court nominee, Brett Kavanaugh, to update the judge's background check, following a deal struck by Senate Republicans to move the nomination forward. The move comes after Senate Republicans agreed to delay a vote on Kavanaugh's nomination to give the FBI one week to look into the allegation of sexual assault brought against him by Christine Blasey Ford, which...
The Latest from NPR
- FBI Contacts Deborah Ramirez, Kavanaugh Accuser, As Investigation Begins
- Elon Musk Settles With SEC, Agrees To Step Down As Tesla Chairman
- U.S. Closes Consulate In Basra, Citing Iran-Backed Violence
- Trump Administration Moves To Escalate Census Lawsuits To Supreme Court
- Tsunami Hits Indonesia, Leaving More Than 300 Dead