The sun is shining again on North Carolina today as the remnants of Hurricane Florence have moved into the mid-Atlantic. But a catastrophe is still unfolding, as rivers rise after days of torrential rains. Water rescues continue for a fifth day. At the Emergency Operations Center in Raleigh, John Dorman with the North Carolina Department of Emergency Management is directing a team calculating flood levels, "then taking those flood elevations and determining if buildings will be flooded and...
The Latest from NPR
- Lawsuit Filed Against Gas Company After Massachusetts Fires And Explosions
- Tesla Is Under Investigation By The Justice Department
- Trump Administration Eases Regulation Of Methane Leaks On Public Lands
- Former Writer Saw Bert And Ernie As 'Loving Couple,' Sesame Workshop Disagrees
- Republicans Reject Kavanaugh Accuser's Request To Delay Hearing For FBI Investigation